Friday, May 24, 2013

Meeting Terefe

Tuesday (Robin)

 The door opens and my heart beats faster,tears  stream down my face.thank you God he's beautiful and thank you for bringing us to this moment. His hair is cut short so that his scalp shows through, and his eyes and bigger and browner in person. He wore a dark blue tee with basketballs on it and brown plaid shorts. He is amazing. The nanny explains who we are, " momma and papa", she says to him. I just want to run up to her and grab him but I know that wouldn't be fair to Terefe.We brought bubbles and a ball for the kids and Terefe to play with. Slowly, I started to stroke his arm and kiss it (I still think this is a dream)  Terefe sucks his two fingers down to his knuckles and hugs the bear the Baarmans gave us. The kids, nannies, and Terefe likes to listen to the instructions that the bear would say aloud. The older kids at the orphanage where jumping all around blowing bubbles and kicking the ball.(When we enter the orphanage the old children greet us with hugs and hand shakes.....oh I could take a couple of them home with me)Terefe doesn't miss anything  and loves to watch everyone and everything that is going on around him.Lots of pictures and videos were taken! Our first but not last visit was for about 2 hrs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Robin!! So excited what God is doing. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete